Thursday 5 March 2015

Travelling round the world 101 - San Jose, Costa Rica

Wednesday, San Jose, Costa Rica, 22.49pm 
Back in good old Costa Rica. I wonder how much of my life this country will claim? Not that I am at all complaining mind as I feel so at home here. I love these green rolling hills, the people, the beaches, the mountains, its’ rivers and lakes, the language with its accent and all its idiosyncrasies, the culture, the lack of an army (the government disbanded it in 1946 after making a deal with the US, so all the money goes into schooling, healthcare and reducing crime)....



...the food, asking a thousand questions in the panaria (sort of a convenience store), 'que es eso?' 'que es eso?' 'que es eso?', (it has now almost become a running joke between us...it’s just everything is so different and new every time you go!!) the rafting/zip-lining/canoeing, and the general feel of this wonderful patch of planet earth.









Soon, we shall be returning to Quepos/Manuel Antonio where my favourite beach, friends and lots of fond memories await us, and I know that all too soon I shall find myself on a plane to Cuba leaving this lush, vibrant green behind and beneath me. Best enjoy it whilst I can :)

No comments:

Post a Comment